- Participants must register and submit proposals before the deadline “November 15, 2014” using the contest’s website.
- Participants must submit their final solution by “January 15, 2015”, using the contest’s website.
- Demos will take place on the“January 28, 2014”.
- There is no limit on the contestant’s age.
- Each institute may have more than one team.
- Teams of two to four members can be formed.
- Each team must adopt a name and appoint a representative (Coach).
- Can participate as individual or in a team up to four.
- Must belong to a recognized institute.
- The main language of the contest is English and all the provided systems and materials are in English.
- The contest will take place on two days where the first day is for demonstrations/judging and the second day will be for the ceremony.
- Contestants may bring their own devices and required hardware for demonstration purposes.
- Demonstration room will be provided for testing where the room setup will be handled by the contestants.
- The solution must not harm the controlled devices and must not inject any malware.
- The contestants are free to choose the appropriate solution that can preserve the privacy of events by controlling smart devices camera.
- Contestants will sign a copyright transfer form on the day of final submission.
3. General Rules
- The organizing committee has the right to update these regulations as it sees suitable. It is the contestant responsibility to check the contest’s website for any updates regarding the competition.
- Any team attempting to tamper with the machines, or disrupt the contest environment in any way will be disqualified.
- The participants shall agree to allow the organizers to publish their names as well as photos and videos in which they appear.
- Coaches are not allowed to intervene during the judging process.
- Privacy warning message that warns attendees from the use of camera is assumed to be located at the main doors of sensitive areas/events.
4. Contest Environment
- For demo purposes, all required setup must be provided by the contestants.
- Smart devices from different platforms will be provided for demo.
- Internet connectivity will be provided.